Thursday, January 14, 2010

A L E X I W A S S E R

This girl is hilarious...her name is Alexi Wasser and she has a blog called I'm Boy Crazy. I was reading this post today and had to share it with you guys...I'm sure you can all relate! - GY



"holy fuck! when exactly did my phone become my lifeline? My beacon of hope?! I stare at it. i cradle it in my hands. It’s a part of me. this has been slowly creeping up on me for like practically an eon! but I’m still shocked at how full on my dependency has become! if someone told me what I’m telling you, I’d say ‘yo, bro, for serious, you have way too much time on your hands. you’re obsessing. get a life. chill-ax. take it down a notch or twelve!’ But, I don't have too much time on my hands. I have plenty to do. that’s the problem! my phone is my perfect excuse/distraction that keeps me from getting that stuff done! how confusing! it helps me AND it’s debilitating all at once! what the fuck?! Be careful! don’t let this happen to you.

I hear phantom beeps/text alerts/e-mail notifications! I thought I was better than this! i feel it vibrate in my back pocket even when i, for some stupid reason- that i should probably be murdered for, left it at home or in the car! what was i thinking? Please god- don’t let me get in a car accident because I can’t unglue my eyes from my phone, which is cradled in the drink holder, cuz I’m checking to see if the red light is flashing! this is sick! and i don’t even have a camera phone… yet!

it’s the first thing i look at in the morning and the last thing i look at before bed. I’ve even found myself waking up in the middle of the night to see if there’s a new alert! i charge it, back it up, clean it, turn it on and off. i might as well own a dog. i worry about it dying, falling, breaking. it links to my facebook, my twitter! it’s my lifeline! with it, i never have to feel lonely. my portable loneliness eliminator. i take it out with me to dinner even. just us.

if I’m super needy or nervous when i’m out and about- i have the option to ‘pretend text’, in order to look cool! i said the option. i don’t actually do that, or feel the need to, but it’s nice to have the option! Jesus! it gives me directions and it is ruling my life.

i know I’m not alone in this crazy heroine like, obsessive addiction to my phone. PS/FYI-: it’s a blackberry, if you must know. and one of the only things that keeps me feeling like i have some modicum of control is that i refuse to bbm. please help me be strong, and remember who i am. grant me the power to overcome this war/battle of my own free will. i love you. xo"

-imboycrazy

No comments:

Post a Comment